Monday, May 9, 2011

First Post

Hi! As the title suggests my name is Mark. This blog will be detailing my experiences at school and out of school, training to become a Paramedic. Just a little bit about myself...

I am 25 years old, and this is my second career. I attended a small private college for Business Admin and worked in a call center until I was recently layed off. I decided to go back to school and pursue a more exciting career. I live with my partner of 6 years who moved here with me so I could go to school(and I am extremely grateful) To pay for school I am now working part-time as a waiter.

Getting into the Paramedic program was not an easy task, but I am excited to start in September. I did not have all the pre-requisite courses needed, and had been out of school for several years, so i took a Pre-Health program. For those wondering, Pre-Health teaches the very basics that you will need within a college health program(biology, chemistry, english, math, etc). I am graduating from Pre-Health on the Dean's Honour List.

Most recently, I completed a course for Standard First Aid HCP(Health Care Provider) which was a great course.

I look forward to posting and sharing with you, and I will try to keep things interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment